Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
NSW Releases Wagering Review Issues Paper
The NSW Department Of Sport yesterday released an Issues Paper "as the 1st step in an independent review of wagering in NSW" so that "racing & wagering industry participants & other interested stakeholders will be able to develop a common understanding of the funding challenges facing the NSW racing industry". The Issues Paper aims to "provoke submissions that will assist in the development of a framework for the future growth & sustainability of the NSW racing industry". The review will consider:
- Racing as a significant industry & employer.
- Bookmaker structures & operating conditions.
- Publication of betting odds.
- TAB fixed odds betting.
- New technology & wagering.
- Sports betting.
- Betting exchanges.
- Advertising laws.
- Impacts from National Competition Policy.