Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
375 NZB Breeze-Ups Completed At Te Rapa
Meanwhile the breeze-ups for next month's NZ Bloodstock Ready-To-Run Sale (November 18-19) were completed yesterday in Hamilton with 375 youngsters filmed & timed over the final 200m of the Te Rapa straight. The 2nd session sprints were conducted on a track rated a Dead 6 (after drying out from Monday's Slow 8) & included:
- Equal fastest time of 10.42sec recorded by Lot 155: Phoenix Park's gelding from the 1st Southern Hemisphere crop of Footstepsinthesand (out of unraced Sadler's Wells mare Passing Hope).
- Also clocking 10.42sec was Lot 19: Phoenix Park's gelding by Strategic (from Dr Grace mare Herbal).
- Clocking 10.45sec was Lot 42: Charisse Lodge's gelding by Keeper (from Rory's Jester mare Join The Fun).
- Clocking 10.52sec was Lot 126: Regal Farm's colt by Golan (from unraced Soviet Star mare Natasha) from the family of Gr1-winning Star Way mares Nimue & Smiling Like.
- Clocking 10.54sec was Lot 365: Regal Farm's colt by Captain Rio (from winning Geiger Counter mare Count The Steps).
- Clocking 10.61sec was Lot 332: Haunui Farm's Bertolini gelding, whose dam Biare is a half-sister to the dam of Gr1 Queensland Oaks & Gr1 Queensland Derby winner Riva San.
- Clocking 10.66sec was Lot 29: a Zabeel colt from Mana Park.
- Clocking 10.69sec was Lot 363: another Zabeel colt from Mana Park.
- Clocking 10.89sec was Lot 110: a Van Nistelrooy filly from Miss Rory (a half-sister to dual Gr1-winning juvenile Jokers Wild) prepared by Blyth Tait's Chesterfields operation.
- Clocking 10.9sec was Lot 173: a High Chaparral gelding from Kaapstad mare Proteaceae (dam of stakes-performed Hong Kong gallopers Palette Natural & Win Practitioner) also prepared by Blyth Tait's Chesterfields operation.