Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
5 Aust-Bred Winners In Hong Kong
In Hong Kong last night, 5 Australian-bred gallopers scored at Sha Tin (click on the horse name to watch a video replay of each race):
- 7YO gelding Golden Ball (Zabeel-Daninkling, by Danehill) won over 1800m for trainer Andreas Schutz. Golden Ball was a $300,000 yearling consigned by Glenlogan Park at the 2004 Inglis Easter Sale.
- 6YO gelding My Whisky (Cape Cross-Trizeel, by Zabeel) won over 1200m for trainer Me Tsui. My Whisky was passed-in for $38,000 as a yearling at the 2005 Magic Millions Adelaide Sale.
- 7YO gelding Spring Smiles (Portland Pirate-With Grace, by Dr Grace) won over 1800m for trainer Paul O’Sullivan. Spring Smiles was a $35,000 2YO at the 2004 Inglis Victorian Ready-To-Run Sale.
- 8YO gelding Century Super Star (Last Tycoon-Valeniski, by Niniski) won over 1200m for trainer Andreas Schutz.
- 5YO gelding Osvaldo (Perugino-Senorita, by Brocco) won over 1650m for trainer Peter Ng. Osvaldo was an $8,000 weanling at the 2005 Inglis Victorian June Sale.