Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
Keeneland Nov Day-1: Aust Buyers
Among the Australian buyers on Day-1 at Keelenand:
- Vin Cox Bloodstock paid US$735,000 for stakes-winning 5YO mare Tears I Cry (Chester House-Mount Helena, by Danzig) consigned by Select Sales as agent & sold in-foal to dual US Horse-Of-The-Year Curlin. The mare’s dam Mount Helena is a half-sister to former Darley shuttler & Gr1 Dubai World Cup winner Street Cry.
- Bloodstock agent James Bester paid US$675,000 for Gr2-winning & multiple Gr1-placed 5YO mare Callwood Dancer (Danehill Dancer-Ahdaab, by Rahy) consigned by Three Chimneys Sales as agent.
- Paul Fudge’s Waratah Thoroughbreds paid US$410,000 for dual-winning 5YO mare South Atlantic (Stormy Atlantic-Pleasant Dixie, by Dixieland Band) consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency.
- Bloodstock agent James Bester paid US$310,000 for Gr3-winning 5YO mare Ashley’s Kitty (Tale Of The Cat-Pretty n Smart, by Beau Genius) consigned by Three Chimneys Sales as agent.
- John Freyer Bloodstock paid US$230,000 for unraced 4YO mare Quiet Maggy (Quite American-Maggy Hawk, by Hawkster) consigned by Adena Springs.
- Twin Palms Stud owner-breeder Phillip Esplin paid US$210,000 for winning 13-year-old mare El Nafis (Kingmambo-Ghashtah, by Nijinsky II) consigned by Lane's End as agent.
- Paul Fudge’s Waratah Thoroughbreds paid US$120,000 for a weanling filly (Rahy-Western Vision, by Gone West) consigned by Three Chimneys Sales as agent.
- Vin Cox Bloodstock paid US$120,000 for Gr2-winning & Gr1-placed 7YO mare Jazzy (Mutakddim-Jollie Fille, by Southern Halo) consigned by Hill 'n' Dale Sales Agency.
- John Freyer Bloodstock paid US$110,000 for 4YO mare Lanai (Gone West-Colonial Play, by Pleasant Colony) consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency.