Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
Arrowfield Sires: 3 Fees Up, 3 Down & 1 Unchanged
Arrowfield Stud commented on its 2010 stallion fees:
- "We have reassessed Redoute's Choice's service fee, notwithstanding his excellent recent results both on the track (now the sire of 17 individual Gr1-winners among 60 stakes-winners) & in the sale ring (selling to $1.875 million). At his 2010 fee we believe breeders have an outstanding opportunity of breeding a highly profitable yearling, or a champion - or both. Redoute's Choice has just completed a limited Northern Hemisphere breeding season & to date has 9 of 11 mares covered in-foal on the 1st-cover. We are therefore confident the setback of the 2009 season is well & truly behind us."
- "Hussonet will, this season, be available for Foal Shares Only. He represents a world class source of 'outcross blood' to meld with proven Australian lines & we seek to share this with other breeders."
- "The modest increases to the fees for Starcraft, Snitzel & Charge Forward are indicative of their excellent results & their ascension to the 'proven' ranks."
- "Flying Spur's new fee is enticing for a Champion sire of 73 stakes-winners & over $83 million in progeny earnings & whose 45 Easter yearlings averaged $200,000."
- "Danzero's new fee is surely attractive for a stallion of his calibre."
- "The fee for the highly promising Not A Single Doubt remains steady this season."