Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
Arqana Breeding Day-1: Aust Buyers
Monday, 6th December 2010
Other Australian buyers on Day-1 at Arqana included:
- Agent Peter Ford (acting for Victorian-based clients) paid €180,000 (A$248,000) for 3YO filly Victorian Era (Cape Cross-Philae, by Seeking The Gold) consigned from Darley. Victorian Era (who will join trainer Robbie Griffiths before heading to stud) is a close relation of English dual Gr1-winner & 2000 Gr1 Dubai World Cup victor Dubai Millennium from the Fall Aspen family.
- Bloodstock agent Kieran Moore paid €110,000 (A$152,000) for 3YO filly Jardaa (Pivotal-Filfilah,by Cadeaux Genereux) consigned from Freddie Head. She is likely to continue her racing career in Australia with trainer Kris Lees.
- SF Bloodstock paid €60,000 (A$83,000) for 3YO filly Truth Beauty (Dubai Destination-Grecian Slipper, by Sadler's Wells) consigned from Darley.
- Neil Jenkinson paid €30,000 (A$41,000) for 3YO filly Mandawara (Daylami-Mintly Fresh, by Rubiano) consigned from The Aga Khan Studs. Mandawara is a half-sibling to 2 stakes-winners, including Manighar who finished 7th in last month's Gr1 Melbourne Cup & then 3rd in the Gr2 Sandown Classic.
- SF Bloodstock paid €27,000 (A$37,000) for 15-year-old mare Magical Hawk (Silver Hawk-Sum, by Spectacular Bid) consigned from Haras du Mesnil.