- Sunline Half-Brother 4th On Debut
- Rockhampton Track "Completely Under Water For 12 Days"
- Brisbane Feb Sale Not Affected By Floods
- MRC Faces Rejection For Bigger Caulfield Cup Field
- Betfair Chief Slams Tatts Director Over 24m Shares
- Presnell Slams Choice Of Pearce Over Kenny
- AJC Marketing Head Moves To Rugby League
- Newcastle Board Accepts Tinkler Offer to Buy Knights
- Anacheeva Favourite For Gr1 Aust Guineas
- Chaparral Leads Dynaformer & Zabeel On Aust Sires Table
- Thorn Park Leads Keeper & Montjeu On NZ Sires Table
- Danetime Adds UAE Gr2
- Aust-Bred Redoute's Choice Son Wins In Dubai
- Florida Winter Mixed Sale Day-2: US$47k Trisha
- Florida Winter Mixed Sale Day-2: Average Up 28%
- 1st Foal For US Gr1 Belmont Stakes Runner-Up Dunkirk
- B&R's Galloping Horse Never Sleeps
Rockhampton Track "Completely Under Water For 12 Days"
Rockhampton’s multi-million-dollar racetrack “is one giant quagmire” reported The Courier-Mail. Only 12 months ago “the finishing touches were being put on Rockhampton Jockey Club's new $6.5 million grass track, but now the surface has been obliterated” & Callaghan Park “looks like a war zone”. It was the worst-hit racetrack in Queensland during the floods & was “completely under water for 12 days”. RJC chief executive Dennis Cox said there was “a massive clean-up ahead” & he expected a “$1 million damages bill”. He added: “Everyone knew we were in flood-prone land, but you expect it to flood every 50 years not 12 months after you put the track down. Everything here at Callaghan Park was under water for close to 2 weeks & the grass track was being regarded as flood-resistant but not flood-proof." Racing Queensland maintenance manager Warren Williams said one of the biggest problems was “a huge amount of silt spread over the racecourse” & noted: “The amount of sediment left on the track will be detrimental to the track going forward. With the track being only 12 months old, it's critical we remove all that sediment. We will be taking the top off the turf.” Equipment (including backhoes) “will be brought in & used to repair the track from Monday”.