Daily News Archive

Search nearly 75,000 unique Daily News articles.

Daily News Subscription

Starspangledbanner Owner Puts 5% Share Up For Sale

Tuesday, 1st February 2011

A small stake in multiple Gr1-winning Australian-bred 4YO sprinter Starspangledbanner (Choisir-Gold Anthem, by Made Of Gold) “is on the market after an original owner has given up trying to track down information on the horse”, reported The Herald-Sun. Michelle Massey told the newspaper she is “frustrated by a lack of information about her international champion” & has put her 5% share up for sale. Starspangledbanner was retired to stud at Coolmore in Ireland for the 2011 European breeding season (after Coolmore paid a reported $10 million for the other 95%). Coolmore Australia general manager Michael Kirwan commented last night: “Of course Coolmore would be interested in buying the 5%. Coolmore has no hidden agenda.” Massey's sister Kerrie originally paid just $8,000 for her share in the horse as a yearling.

« Previous
Return to
1st February 2011 News
Next »