Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
9 Aust-Bred Winners In Hong Kong
In Hong Kong yesterday, 9 Australian-bred gallopers scored at Sha Tin:
- 2YO colt Bear Hero (General Nediym-Windfall, by Last Tycoon) won over 1000m for trainer David Ferraris. Bear Hero was a $140,000 yearling at the 2010 Magic Millions Gold Coast Sale.
- 8YO gelding Not Quite Perfect (Fraar-Flying Esra, by At Talaq) won over 1200m for trainer Almond Lee.
- 3YO gelding Supreme Jewellery (Exceed And Excel-Manu, by Green Desert) won over 1000m for Australian trainer John Size. Supreme Jewellery was a NZ$170,000 yearling at the 2009 NZ Bloodstock Premier Sale at Karaka.
- 4YO gelding Treasure Glitter (Danehill Dancer-Turf, by Sir Tristram) won over 1600m for trainer Dennis Yip.
- 7YO gelding Gilded Flight (Gilded Time-Bacharach, by Marscay) won over 1650m for trainer Alex Wong. Gilded Flight was a NZ$70,000 2YO at the 2005 NZ Bloodstock New Zealand Horses-In-Training Sale.
- 3YO gelding Eagle Regiment (El Moxie-Fire Lake, by Bureaucracy) won over 1000m for trainer Manfred Man. Eagle Regiment was a $100,000 yearling at the 2009 Magic Millions Perth Premier Sale & subsequently a $150,000 2YO at the 2009 Magic Millions Queensland Horses-In-Training Sale.
- 3YO gelding Best Fit (Iglesia-Cashelmara, by Sadler's Wells) won over 1200m for trainer Tony Cruz. Best Fit was passed-in as a yearling for $27,500 at the 2009 NZ Bloodstock Select Sale & subsequently sold for $50,000 as a 2YO at the 2009 NZ Bloodstock Ready-To-Run Sale.
- 6YO gelding Fortune Red Pepper (Xaar-Deduce, by Known Fact) won over 1650m for trainer Michael Chang. Fortune Red Pepper was a $2,000 yearling at the 2006 Magic Millions Winter Sale.
- 3YO gelding I Smell Money (Secret Savings-Northern Scent, by Geiger Counter) won over 1600m for Australian trainer John Size.