Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
7 Aust-Bred Winners In Singapore
In Singapore, 7 Australian-bred gallopers scored at Kranji:
- 2YO gelding Mr Big (Elusive Quality-Basamaat, by Danehill) won over 1000m for Australian trainer Michael Freedman. Mr Big was a $21,000 yearling consigned by Yarraman Park as agent at the 2010 Magic Millions Summer Sale.
- 3YO gelding Al's Knight (Fastnet Rock-Wisp, by Last Tycoon) won over 1100m for Australian trainer Don Baertschiger. Al's Knight was a $27,000 yearling consigned by Manx Park as agent at the 2009 Inglis Classic Yearling Sale & subsequently a $220,000 2YO at the 2009 Queensland Horses-In-Training Sale.
- 4YO gelding Constant Companion (Success Express-Fletching, by Snippets) won over 1000m for trainer John O'Hara. Constant Companion was a $37,500 yearling consigned by Phalaris Stud at the 2008 Magic Millions Summer Sale.
- 3YO gelding American Tycoon (Hidden Dragon-La Cauchemard, by Luskin Star) won over 1600m for trainer S.Chua. American Tycoon was a $2,500 weanling consigned by Lyndhurst Stud as agent at the 2008 Magic Millions Winter Weanling, then a $17,500 yearling consigned by Thoroughbreds International at the 2009 Brisbane Bonus Yearling Sale & finally a $45,000 2YO at the 2009 Queensland Horses-In-Training Sale.
- 4YO gelding Flying Fulton (Flying Spur-Fulton, by Zabeel) won over 1200m for trainer Mark Walker. Flying Fulton was passed-in as a yearling for NZ$90,000 at the 2008 NZB Premier Sale & subsequently sold as a 2YO for NZ$210,000 at the NZB Ready-To-Run Sale.
- 5YO gelding Eighth Avenue (Black Minnaloushe-Court Ballet, by Zabeel) won over 1900m for trainer S.Chua. Eighth Avenue was a $50,000 yearling at the 2007 NZB Carnival Sale & subsequently a $90,000 2YO at the 2007 NZB Ready-To-Run Sale.
- 3YO gelding Polar Esprit (Bel Esprit-Polar Sky, by Hurricane Sky) won over 1200m for trainer Mark Walker. Polar Esprit was a $10,000 weanling at the 2008 Inglis Great Southern Sale, then a $30,000 yearling at the 2008 Inglis Australian Select Sale & finally a $65,000 2YO at the 2009 NZB South Island Sale.