Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
8 Aust-Bred Winners In Singapore
In Singapore, 8 Australian-bred gallopers scored at Kranji:
- 7YO gelding MSixteen (Danewin-Christer, by Mister C) won over 1200m for trainer David Kok. MSixteen was a NZ$105,000 2YO at the 2006 NZB Ready-To-Run Sale.
- 5YO entire Ten Ten Lai (Superior Sateen-Brave Scene, by Scenic) won over 1400m for trainer Tony Yeoh.
- 4YO gelding Shiny Lion (Lion Heart-Renano Brightia, by Sky Classic) won over 2000m for trainer Hideyuki Takaoka.
- 4YO gelding Sichuan Ruler (Jet Spur-Elegant Emerald, by Unbridled's Song) won over 1200m for Australian trainer Don Baertschiger. Sichuan Ruler was a NZ$90,000 yearling at the 2009 NZB Select Sale & subsequently a NZ$140,000 2YO at the 2009 NZB Ready-To-Run Sale.
- 3YO gelding Let’s See Action (Flying Spur-Purde, by Bahhare) won over 1200m for trainer Pat Shaw. Let’s See Action was $275,000 yearling consigned by Reavill Farm at the 2010 Inglis Easter Sale in Sydney.
- 4YO mare Aniwa (Jet Spur-No Vice, by Marscay) won over 1200m for trainer Theodore Kieser. Aniwa was a $30,000 yearling consigned by Glenlogan Park at the 2009 Magic Millions Summer Sale.
- 4YO gelding Northern Land (Secret Savings-Naqiyah, by Danewin) won over 1400m for trainer Tan Hor Khoon. Northern Land was a $16,000 weanling consigned by Lindsay Park as agent at the 2008 Magic Millions Winter Sale & subsequently a $15,000 yearling consigned by Eureka Thoroughbreds at the 2009 Magic Millions Western Australian Premier Sale.
- 7YO gelding Rising Shadow (Archway-Paris Delights, by Danger's Hour) won over 1200m for trainer Theodore Kieser. Rising Shadow was passed-in as a yearling for $20,000 at the 2006 NZB Select Sale & subsequently sold as a $31,000 2YO at the 2006 NZB Ready-To-Run Sale.