- YESTERDAY'S WINNERS: By Stallion From 8 Countries
- 2-In-A-Row For $400k Redoute's Colt
- Black Caviar Nominated For Sat's Gr1 Lightning Stakes
- Boss Says Black Caviar "Would Win Cox Plate"
- Black Caviar Half-Brother Debut This Saturday
- Racing Vic Stewards Drop Arsenic Inquiry
- Magic Millions Perth Yearling Sale Starts Today
- Moonee Valley To Hold 2-Day Cox Plate Carnival
- Waterhouse Asks "What Has Happened To Midweeks?"
- ATC Board Re-Elects Cornish & Crismale
- Aust Jockey Brett Prebble Breaks Collarbone In HK
- Expat Aust Racing Official Dies In India
- Arqana February Mixed: $105k Nickelle
- Arqana February Mixed: Top Lots
- 1st Foal By French Gr1-Winner Silver Frost
- Juddmonte Confirms Frankel Dam To Visit Galileo
- US Debut Win By 3/4-Sister To UK Gr1 Winner Rule Of Law
- 1st Foal By US Gr1-Winner Line Of David
- 1st Foal By US Gr2-Winner Tizdejavu
- 1st Foal By US Gr3-Winner Kiss The Kid
- US Sire El Caballo To Stand At Roger's Ranch
- US Sire Capote's Promise To Stand At Aurora Farms
Waterhouse Asks "What Has Happened To Midweeks?"
Prominent trainer Gai Waterhouse "is concerned about the future of Sydney's midweek racing" reported The Sydney Morning Herald. Waterhouse asked: "What has happened to the midweeks? I believe they've made up their mind to stop racing in town on a Wednesday." With Randwick's 2 raceday tracks closed while it undergoes a $150 million makeover, the Australian Turf Club & Racing NSW have moved several midweek race meetings to the provincial circuit. But Waterhouse queried: "Are they going to stop paying out prize-money of $27,000 a race & go to (the provincial) $17,000? Put the extra money into Saturday racing? It shouldn't happen. If you don't grow the grassroots, where is racing going to go? If you don't have football at school, local matches, no one would go to the big matches."