Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
Last Of The Jet Masters
With Bloodstock South Africa announcing overnight that its Added Value Stakes Incentive will rise from R890,000 to R5 million across all 76 of the country's 2- and 3-year-old stakes races, the last crop of 8-times Gr1 winner and Champion Sire Jet Master (Rakeen-Jet Lightning, by Rollins) will be offered at South Africa's 2013 Emperors Palace National Yearling Sale next month. Jet Master has produced over 100 black type performers, including 49 stakes-winners and 18 Gr1 winners, and buyers will have 27 yearlings to choose from. Some of the highlights include:
- Lot 233, a colt out of Gr1 winner Urabamba (Fort Wood-Princess Ampato, by Our Casey's Boy).
- Lot 296, a full-sister to Gr1-placed Jet Trail (Jet Master-Azabu Park, by Bletchley Park). The siblings are out of the top class racemare Azabu Park, who won 10 races, and was Gr1-placed.
- Lot 332, a half-brother to two stakes horses, and to two other winners. His dam is a Gr2-winning daughter of Caesour, and his second dam won the Ladies Mile.
- Lot 347, a filly out of champion 2YO Consensual (Camden Park-Isadora Duncan, by Dancing Champ), herself a half-sister to Gr2 winner Dance Along.
- Lot 507, a colt from Champion 3YO filly Lady Windermere (Western Winter-Ballad of Reading, by Averof).