Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
Significant Updates Ahead Of Inglis Classic Sale
The first of three sessions of the 2017 Inglis Classic Sale will be held at Newmarket in Sydney tomorrow evening following the Apollo Stakes race meeting at Randwick. The first Inglis Sale of the year, which also features the inaugural Gold Riband Session, will see 600 lots led through the ring Saturday to Monday, among them a large number whose pedigree pages have received a welcome boost for vendors. Some of the key updates include:
- Lot 67 (Helmet x Miss Chaski filly). Her half-brother Deja Blue has won twice at Victorian metropolitan level since the Classic catalogue was released.
- Lot 112 (Dream Ahead x Hell It’s Hot filly). Her Time Thief half-sister is In Her Time, a strong winner of the Group 2 Breeders Classic just five days ago for Newcastle trainer Ben Smith, taking her career record to four wins from nine starts.
- Lot 166 (Lope de Vega x Red Obsession colt). His half-brother Red Excitement has won the Group 3 Summer Cup and Listed Gosford Cup at his past two starts.
- Lot 169 (Choisir x Regally Blonde colt). His half-sister Zaakhira was Stakes-placed in South Africa in January.
- Lot 241 (More Than Ready x Starwish colt). His half-brother Deep Image was Stakes-placed on debut behind Winning Rupert before winning his only other start.
- Lot 406 (Poet’s Voice x Cinnamon Bells colt). His half-sister That Rings A Bell won by 4.3 lengths at Sandown Hillside at just her second start.
- Lot 439 (Not A Single Doubt x Delphi Lodge filly). Her half-brother Newlands is South African Stakes-placed during January.
- Lot 444 (Congrats x Diamond Cove colt). His half-brother Montauk is a dual NSW metropolitan winner in the past three weeks.
- Lot 508 (I Am Invincible x Ghaliah colt). His half-sister Melagrana won at Listed level in Japan.